Friday, November 19, 2010

Grandma Genevie's Funeral

On Sunday, May 9th, Jakob's grandma Genevie Vollmer Passed away. That was also the day that Andrew was ordained a Deacon at Church. Her funeral was held Thursday, May 13th in Meridian and buried in Boise at the Veterans Cemetery.

She was a great lady who did so much to help people out. I remember a few times when she bought us groceries, pajamas or clothes for the kids, or books just because she was out shopping and thought of us. She was very involved with the humanitarian aid. I remember early in our marriage, visiting her and seeing all these cute little dresses that she made to donate to the DI to be shipped to third world countries. I was so impressed. I often think of her example and try to apply it to my own life.


Aunt Sonya holding Ella, Grandma Christensen, and Karlin


Aunt Sonya holding Ella
Jakob holding Lydia
Shaely
Andrew

Jakob's dad standing with his sisters

1 comment:

Amber said...

I am so sorry about your loss. What sweet examples you were blessed to have in your life. I hope you are well.