OK, Mitchell is in the MTC now. I haven't heard from him since Monday night, when I told him my final goodbye and that he better write to me. Now my nephew, Nathan Tanner, is getting ready for his mission. As of Sunday July 19th his papers are in and now is waiting for his 'call'. He turns 19 in September. I didn't even know he could turn his papers in before his birthday. He is 3 days short of being 1 year younger than Mitchell. Now they'll both be out on their missions. Wow, is that cool or what? I am so proud of you guys and for the example that you are setting for your younger brothers and cousins.
Also, July 19th was our 12th wedding anniversary. This morning while at the temple, I saw a couple seated across from me waiting to get married. They were young and talking quietly back and forth. I couldn't help but think back to the day when I was sitting in that same spot with my soon to be husband, whispering back and forth hand in hand. Thoughts came to mind of how little I knew back then and how much I have grown since then. I am thankful for Jakob, for being such a patient and caring guy. I am thankful for those 12 wonderful, maybe a little challenging at times, but wonderful years with him.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Happy Late Anniversary! Miss talking to you! HOw have you been? Call me sometime!
i changed the blog address to rastevensfamily.blogspot.com. just so you can have it updated. take care!
Congratulations Aleen!!! I hope you had a great anniversary! And that is so exciting about your nephews! Time goes by so quickly! I can't believe Andrew is going to be in middle school this year! Wow! Have a great day!
Post a Comment